October 8, 2020
$150.00 including book
Successful completion if the course will enable participants to:
- Explain the meaning of due diligence
- understand the concept of due diligence as a defense
- Understand key factors in the practice of due diligence and the potential legal consequences of failing to exercise due diligence
- Understand the roles and functions of WCB officers and cooperate with them to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements and workplace healthy and safety
- Understand the responsibilities of an owner, manager, supervisor or worker
- Know what is included in the Safety Management System
- Apply the four cornerstones of due diligence in the workplace
- Know what types of records can be used for due diligence and why
- Practice different communication methods
- Answer the question: What is Reasonable Care” and the four-step process
This course includes questions, group work and a case study. At the end of the course, each student will be given a Due Diligence Checklist to bring to the workplace to ensure due diligence is being met in accordance with legislation requirements.
Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to fill out the required paperwork. Students arriving more than 10 minutes late for the course will not be able to join the class. A minimum of 1 week advance notice is required for change or cancellation. No-shows will not be eligible for refund.